Dates for the 2019 show: Queen’s Birthday Weekend, May 31 to June 3, 2019
Applications will open November 1.
For those artists who wish to participate, we encourage you all to start working on your artworks now, in preparation for your application.
The selection process will be very rigorous – the NZ Art Show will be looking for :
- Originality – Is this art original? Does it have a rare quality? To make for a dynamic and progressive show selectors must ensure the NZ Art Show delivers a wide cross-section of styles and subject matter
- Technique – Is the technique refined? Is there evidence of sophisticated art practices?
- Development – Is there evidence of development of style and technique?
- Consistency – Is the artist’s style consistent?
- Professionalism – Is it well presented? Has the artist gone to great lengths to ensure a professional and polished finish?
- Affordability – Taking into consideration the artist’s history, is the price within a reasonable range? Or is it overpriced?
Heading into its 16th year, the NZ Art Show continues its reign of success: over 10,000 attendees each year – cementing the show as New Zealand’s number 1 show of its kind; around $1 million dollars in art sales each year sees around $750,000 going back to the artists. Year on year, we see a significant number of return visitors; collectors who are focussed on finding exciting artists to add to their collection. Are you an exciting artist? Should you be added their collections?
The show is the best platforms for you to showcase their art to thousands of people. And it’s popular with art buyers as nothing is priced more than $5,000 – one of the show’s draw cards.
To be added to the artist database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Click on any of the buttons below for more information
Some scenes from the 2018 show . . .