- This handbook is solely for artists selected for Single Artist Wall category (SAW) and holds all the information you will need to help prepare you and your art for the show.
- Please read the instructions and the Terms & Conditions carefully so your art complies with our terms and conditions.
- If you have any queries regarding the information in this document please contact our Artist Liaison, Claire Cairns, at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 04 387 4370 / 021 022 66 566
- To download a printable pdf of this handbook, click on this link – PDF of the SAW Artist Handbook here – a pdf will be downloaded to your computer.
To prepare for the show, please do the following
- Fill in the submission form – this confirms your contact details which we need for admin purposes
- Label your artwork correctly – as per our instructions provided below
- Prepare your art for delivery to the venue TSB Arena
- And, importantly, do everything on time. Please refer to the artist timeline for dates
- You are required to fill in the submission form: you access the form on the NZ Art Show website via the Artist Resources link sent to you.
- Once the submission form is complete, you will receive a copy of this form via email. If you don’t receive this email, please let us know.
- If any details on the submission form need to be amended, you MUST notify NZ Art Show – email@example.com.
- Submissions must be completed by April 21, 2023.
LABELLING YOUR ARTWORKS
- All artworks must be labelled as per our requirements. You can create your own labels or use the template in the Artist Resources section on our website.
- Each artwork (including prints) requires 2 identical labels: 1 for Artwork and 1 for the Wall. If you have prints in a stand then have two labels attached to each print.
- Each label must have the following details: Name of artwork, medium, artist name, sale price and edition number (if it is a print or photograph)
- Artwork label: Attach artwork label to the back of each artwork. Please feel free to print out the template in Artist Resources section on our website. Every piece of art needs a label attached.
- Wall label:
- At the venue you will be given NZ Art Show wall labels which you attach to the wall next to each artwork. You may create your own custom labels.
- You must enter the details for each artwork on this wall label; the details must match the corresponding artwork label exactly
- Please write clearly so that labels can be read easily
- NZ Art Show will provide Velcro so that you can attach wall labels to wall
- If you make your own custom wall labels: they must be on thin card (i.e. like business card stock) and within our size range – 55 x 90mm. Do not use paper or thick foamboard.
- You may request a small number of wall labels to be posted to you prior to the show, however, please remember that they are wall labels, NOT to be attached to artworks
- The reason we ask for two identical labels for each artwork is for recording sales. When the art is purchased, BOTH labels are taken to the sales desk and checked that they match. The label attached to the Artwork remains with the artwork so the customer has the details of what they have purchased and the wall/second label is attached to the receipt and is what the NZ Art Show uses to record sales. To ensure the sales process goes smoothly, please follow the labelling instructions.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS
It is important that you work within the dates and times we provide.
DELIVERY – BY COURIER
- Monday May 29 – 10am – 4pm
- Couriered artwork can ONLY be delivered on Monday May 29th as this is the only time available for receiving artwork. Please talk to your courier to organise delivery on Monday. If it arrives before this date, we cannot guarantee its security.
- You may use the address label template in the Artist Resources section on our website
- Attach address labels to each package
DELIVERY – IN PERSON
- Wednesday May 31st, 10am – 5pm.
- This is also your only allotted time to set up your space. We recommend you arrive for a 10am start.
- Parking is limited: You may unload your art in front foyer and then move your car to a parking space. There is a parking building directly underneath the venue. There is a fee to park there and it can by quite pricey.
- Come to front foyer of venue to sign in. You will be issued with your artist access pass, assistant pass (if applicable) art labels for wall and Velcro dots for wall labels. You will be directed to your wall and your storage space.
- Our staff will be on hand to assist with any queries.
- Wall hung artworks: we are not permitted to drill into the display walls so we use velcro blocks for hanging artworks: You can either bring your own or you can borrow some from us.
- If you are using a plinth, it must be pushed up against your wall for the gala evening, plan your hang around your plinth. You can move your plinth away from your wall on Friday morning but ensure it doesn’t obstruct others walls, and please do not lean art against your plinth.
- Once your wall is set up, move all remaining artworks to your storage space.
- Artists must finish hanging their work and vacate the premises by 5pm. Your exhibition space must be left clean and free of any debris before you leave at 5pm.
COLLECTION OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS BY HAND
- You may start packing out your space from 6.30pm on Sunday, not before.
- Take all unsold artwork with you directly after the show on Sunday.
- Please sign out with NZ Art Show before leaving.
RETURN OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS BY COURIER.
- Please note that all artworks need to be out of the venue Tuesday morning, therefore they need to be packed and labelled for the courier on Sunday night.
- You are responsible for arranging for courier to collect artworks.
- Pack your artworks securely and label them clearly
- Place them in the designated collection point at the venue (to be advised).
- Any artworks not collected by Tuesday morning: NZ Art Show does not accept responsibility for anything that happens to them, as we will not be at the venue
- As a SAW artist you have access to all the show including the gala evening, as long as you have your access pass.
- Show your artist access pass at the front entrance: do not arrive at the venue without it – you will not be let in.
- You may also bring along an assistant to help you with your art for the duration of the event. The fee payable by you is $100+GST. Your assistant also gets a pass and also has access to the gala evening, all shows and storage areas, the pass is non transferable. If you haven’t booked an assistant pass yet, but would like one, please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that assistant passes are limited, so get in quick if you don’t want to miss out.
- You will be managing your wall: as your art sells you replace it with work from your storage area. NZ Art Show staff are available to take your art to the sales area, but not available to hang your art or run errands for you.
- You have full control of the layout of your space; however, the NZ Art Show reserves the right to offer suggestions and may advise changes to your set-up
- You are required to behave in a professional and appropriate manner at all times. The NZ Art show is proud to provide a safe environment for its guests, staff and artists. Anyone behaving unsatisfactorily risks eviction from the premises.
VIP PREVIEW – Thursday June 1, 9am – 11.00am
- You are required to be at your wall to meet our VIP guests. This is a prime opportunity to sell your art to our dedicated art lovers.
- You and your assistant have access from 8.45am: present your passes at front entrance to gain access.
- Please keep your space tidy and free of clutter.
- You may remain half an hour after the show closes to refresh your space: you must remove all your litter, tools, equipment and personal items.
GALA EVENING – Thursday June 1, 5pm – 9.00pm
- You and your assistant have access from 5.00 pm: present your passes at front entrance to gain access.
- You are an invited guest, but we encourage you to attend to your wall. This event is attended by Friends and Sponsors of the Show and it’s a great opportunity for you to promote yourself and your art..
- You are required to behave in a professional and appropriate manner. Anyone behaving unsatisfactorily risks eviction from the premises.
- You may remain half an hour after show closes to refresh your space.
- Additional tickets to the Gala Evening are not available for sale as they are reserved for Friends and Sponsors of the show.
SHOW DAYS – Friday June 2 to Sunday June 4 – Daily 10am – 6.30pm
- You and your assistant have access from 9.45am: present your passes at front entrance to gain access.
- Please keep your space tidy and free of clutter.
- You may remain half an hour after the show closes each day to refresh your space: you must remove all your litter, tools, equipment and personal items.
- Purchase additional show day tickets for friends and family – www.artshow.co.nz/the-show/
- Keep an eye out for our ticket specials on Facebook and in our newsletters.
- Door sales will also be available for $15 each.
- Children 12 years and under are free.