- This handbook for Solo Panel artists holds all the information and instructions you will need to help you prepare your artwork for the show.
- Please read the instructions and the Terms and Conditions carefully so that your artwork complies with our terms and conditions.
- If you have any queries related to the information in this handbook, please contact our Artist Liaison Claire at: email@example.com / 04 387 4370 / 021 022 665 66.
- To download a printable pdf of this handbook, click on this link – PDF of the Artist Handbook here. A pdf will be downloaded to your computer.
To prepare for the show, please do the following
- Fill in the submission form – this confirms the artworks you’ll be exhibiting.
- Label your artwork correctly – as per our instructions provided below.
- Prepare your art for delivery to the venue TSB Arena.
- And, importantly, do everything on time. Please refer to the artist timeline for dates.
- You are required to fill in the submission form: you access the form on the NZ Art Show website via the Artist Resources link sent to you.
- Fill in the details of the artworks you will be exhibiting, and other information required by the NZ Art Show.
- Once the submission form is complete, you will receive a copy email. If you don’t receive the confirmation email, please let us know.
- If any details on the submission form need to be amended, you MUST notify NZ Art Show – firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must print out one copy of this form and attach it to the exterior of the artwork packaging before delivering artwork to the NZ Art Show.
- Submissions must be completed by May 10.
LABELLING YOUR ARTWORKS
- All artworks must be labelled as per our requirements.
- The details on each artwork label MUST match the details on your Submission Form: Artist Name, Name of artwork, Medium, edition number (if it’s a print or photograph) and Sale price.
- Artwork label: each label must be on sturdy card – you can print out the template in the Artist resources section on our website. Flimsy paper labels can easily get ripped and make identifying your art work difficult which may result in your art not being displayed.
- Make the label into a swing tag on string long enough to flip over the top of artwork – attach the swing tag label securely to the back of your artwork. Do not attach with sticky tape, tying it with string to the D ring or similar works well.
- Please feel free to attach promotional material, like a business card or flyer, to the back of each artwork.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS TO THE VENUE
- It is important that you work within the dates and times we provide. Please deliver to NZ Art Show, TSB Arena Foyer, Queens Wharf, Waterfront, Wellington CBD, Monday 29 May.
DELIVERY – BY COURIER
- Couriered artwork can ONLY be delivered on MONDAY 29 MAY as this is the only time available for receiving artwork. Please talk to your courier to organise delivery on Monday. If it arrives before this date we cannon guarantee its security. If it arrives later, we cannot guarantee a place in the show.
- You may use the address label template in the Artist Resources section on our website.
- Attach address labels to each package.
- Remember to attach the Submission form to exterior of one of the packages: only one Submission Form is required for all artwork, not one for each artwork and not one for each package.
- If your artwork is larger than 100cm by 100cm, please contact email@example.com to discuss delivery options.
DELIVERY – IN PERSON
- Monday May 29 – 10am – 2pm, you will need to sign your artworks in with our staff who will ensure that your art compiles with our terms.
- Parking outside the venue is restricted. There is a Wilson parking lot directly below the venue.
Heavy Sculpture – must be delivered and collected by hand
- Tuesday May 30- deliver and install in TSB Arena
- Heavy sculpture works that require more than one person to carry must be delivered directly to the TSB Bank Arena – please contact NZ Art Show management to arrange a delivery time – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun 4 June, 6.30pm – you are responsible for collecting all artworks, sold and unsold, after the show, and you must arrange for delivery of any sold artworks to purchaser.
COLLECTION OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS BY HAND. THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS:
Collect directly from the venue – Monday 5 June
- 10am -11am – Collection from TSB Bank Arena – front foyer.
- For artists whose artwork sells out, NZ Art Show will endeavor to inform you on Sunday evening – but we can’t make any promises.
- As it may be busy at collection time, we thank you in advance for your patience.
Collect from NZ Art Show office – 12 – 16 June (Mon to Friday)
- 10am- 2pm
- 105 Lyall Parade, Lyall Bay, Wellington (little building on the sea side beside Maranui Café – it has a billboard on the outside promoting the NZ Art Show)
- Depending on circumstances, dates may change. We will keep you updated
RETURN OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS BY COURIER. THERE ARE THREE OPTIONS:
Send us pre-paid courier tickets
- Send prepaid courier tickets to NZ Art Show by Friday 19 May.
- We will use the tickets to return your artworks and we will return any unused tickets.
- Send to NZ Art Show, PO Box 14817, Wellington 6241
- Do not send courier tickets with art as they may get lost and NZ Art Show will not replace any lost tickets
Organise a freight forward with your preferred freight / courier company.
- When your art is packed and ready to be collected, we will contact you to notify your courier company.
- If you don’t have an account with a freight company you could try Pack and Send or Parcelport however, as they operate independently of us, we don’t accept responsibility for the service.
NZ Art Show arranges courier return.
- Artworks will be returned using our chosen courier provider.
- We cannot confirm the price until the courier company notifies us.
- You will be invoiced, and your artworks will be dispatched once payment is confirmed.
- This option is not recommended as it takes longer than Options 1 and 2: use Option 3 as last resort.
- As we are not the freight service, we do not accept responsibility for the quality or efficiency of the service. We do not provide insurance
SHOWTIME – COME TO THE SHOW
The NZ Art Show is a dynamic source of inspiration for all art lovers. Come and see for yourself.
NZ ART SHOW GALA EVENING – Thursday June 1, 5pm – 9pm
- The Gala Evening is open only to SAW Artists, Friends and Sponsors of the show. Therefore, if you wish to attend, we recommend that you become a friend here.
- No complimentary tickets are available.
- No door sales.
SHOW DAYS – Friday June 2 to Sunday June 4 – Daily 10am –6.30pm
- All exhibiting Solo Panel Exhibitors receive one complimentary ticket: each ticket can be used any ONE show day of your choice, 2-4 June, Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- If you are hand delivering your Art you will receive a ticket at this time, otherwise your name will be on a list at the ticketing counter.
- Purchase additional show day tickets: www.artshow.co.nz/the-show/
- Keep an eye out for ticket specials on our Facebook page and in our newsletters.
- Door sales will also be available for $15 each.
- Children 12 years and under are free.