- This handbook for Solo Panel artists holds all the information and instructions you will need to help you prepare your art for the show.
- Please read the instructions and the Terms and Conditions carefully so that your art complies with our terms and conditions
- If you have any queries related to the information in this handbook, please contact our Artist Liaison Midge at: firstname.lastname@example.org / 04 387 4370.
- Download a printable PDF of the Artist Handbook here
To prepare for the show, you are required to do the following
- Fill in the submission form – this confirms the artworks you’ll be exhibiting
- Label your artwork correctly – as per our instructions provided
- Prepare your art for delivery to the venue TSB Arena
- And, importantly, do everything on time. Please refer to the artist timeline for dates
- You are required to fill in the submission form: you access the form on the NZ Art Show website via the Artist Resources link sent to you.
- You fill out the details of the artwork you will be exhibiting, and other information required by the NZ Art Show.
- Once the submission form is complete, you will receive confirmation of this form via email: this email is the official SUBMISSION FORM. If you don’t receive the confirmation email, please let us know
- If any details on the submission form need to be amended, you MUST notify NZ Art Show – email@example.com
- You must print out one copy of this form and attach it to the artwork packaging before delivering artwork to the NZ Art Show.
- Submissions must be completed by May 14
LABELLING YOUR ARTWORKS
- You must label each artwork as per our requirements: artwork label details MUST match the details on your Submission Form: Artist Name, Name of artwork, Medium, edition number (if it’s a print) and Sale price.
- Artwork label: you can print out the template in the Artist resources section on our website.
- NB. flimsy paper labels can easily get ripped and make identifying your art work difficult which may result in your art not being displayed.
- Make the label into a swing tag on string long enough to flip over the top of artwork – attach swing tag label securely to the back of your artwork. Do not attach with sticky tape.
- Please feel free to attach promotional material, like business card or flyer, to the back of each artwork.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS
- It is important that you are mindful of the dates we provide; it is difficult for us to work outside of these dates and times.
- Deliver to NZ Art Show, TSB Arena Foyer, Queens Wharf, Waterfront, Wellington CBD, Monday May 31
DELIVERY – COURIER
- You may use the address label template in the Artist Resources section on our website
- Attach address labels to each package
- Remember to attach the Submission form to exterior of one of the packages: only one Submission Form for all artwork required, not one for each artwork and not one for each package
DELIVERY – HAND
- Mon May 31 – 10am – 2pm, you will need to sign your artworks in with our staff who will ensure that your art compiles with our terms
- Parking is restricted so if you park right outside the venue you won’t be able to stay for long otherwise you will most likely get a ticket.
Heavy Sculpture – must be delivered and collected by hand
- Tues June 1- deliver and install in TSB Arena
- Heavy sculpture works that require more than one person to carry must be delivered directly to the TSB Bank Arena – please contact NZ Art Show management to arrange a delivery time – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun 4 June, 6.30pm – you are responsible for collecting all artworks, sold and unsold, after the show on, and you must arrange for delivery of any sold artworks to purchaser.
COLLECTION OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS BY HAND. THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS:
Collect directly from the venue – Monday June 7
- 10am -11am – Collection from TSB Bank Arena (venue of NZ Art Show) – front foyer
- For artists whose artwork sells out, NZ Art Show will endeavor to inform you on Sunday evening – but we can’t make any promises.
- As it may be busy at collection time, we thank you in advance for your patience
Collect from NZ Art Show office – May 14 – 19 (Mon to Saturday)
- 10am- 2pm
- 105 Lyall Parade, Lyall Bay, Wellington (little building on the sea side beside Maranui Café – it will have a billboard on the outside promoting the NZ Art Show)
- Depending on circumstances, dates may change. We will keep you updated
RETURN OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS BY COURIER. THERE ARE THREE OPTIONS:
You send pre-paid courier tickets
- Send to NZ Art Show by Friday May 21.
- We will use the tickets to return your artworks and return any unused tickets.
- Send to NZ Art Show, PO Box 14817, Wellington 6241
- Do not send courier tickets with art as they may get lost and NZ Art Show will not replace any lost tickets
You organise a freight forward with your preferred freight / courier company.
- When your art is packed and ready to be collected, we will contact you to notify your courier company
- If you don’t have an account with a freight company you could try Pack and Send or Parcelport however, as they operate independently of us, we don’t accept responsibility for the service.
NZ Art Show arranges courier return.
- Artworks will be returned using our chosen courier provider.
- We cannot confirm the price until the courier company notifies us.
- You will be invoiced or the fee will be deducted from your sales (if applicable)
- Your artworks are dispatched once payment is confirmed
- This option is not recommended as it takes longer than Options 1 and 2: use Option 3 as last resort
- As we are not the freight service, we do not accept responsibility for the quality of the service.
- We do not provide insurance
SHOWTIME – COME TO THE SHOW
The NZ Art Show is a dynamic source of inspiration for all art lovers. Come and join the excitement.
NZ ART SHOW GALA EVENING – Thursday June 3, 6pm – 9.30pm
- $120 per ticket
- Purchase tickets online @ www.artshow.co.nz/buy-tickets/
- No complimentary tickets available
- No door sales
SHOW DAYS – Fri June 4 to Sunday June 6 – Daily 10am –6.30pm
- All exhibiting Solo Panel Exhibitors receive one complimentary pass: each pass can be used any ONE show day of your choice
- Your name will be on a door list at the ticketing counter
- Purchase additional show day tickets: www.artshow.co.nz/buy-tickets
- Keep an eye out for ticket specials on our Facebook page and in our newsletters
- Door sales will also be available for $12 each
- Children 12 years and under are free