NZ ART SHOW 2022
Applications open 1 October 2021 to 28 February 2022.
An application form will be available on this website.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list before that date, please email email@example.com: you’ll receive regular notifications and reminders about when applications will open.
GUIDE FOR ARTISTS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
HOW THE SHOW WORKS
- The NZ Art Show is a large-scale exhibition: all artists are allocated their own space including an artist name sign.
- All art is sold through the NZ Art Show: artists receive payment, minus commission, after the show.
- Cash-n-carry: as an artwork sells it is taken off the wall and replaced by another artwork, held in a storage area, by the same artist.
- Large sculptures which cannot be moved easily and artwork by award finalists remain in place until the end of the show.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Exhibition fees: there are varying exhibition costs for all selected SAW and SOLO artists—details of costs are in the next section. Artists will be invoiced when they get selected.
- Application fee: $30 – non refundable. This is an admin fee will get added to your invoice if you are selected.
- Variable costs: selected artists will have other costs to consider, like freight, wrapping materials, transport, and accommodation.
- All fees are GST exclusive.
- NZ Art Show retains 25% commission from each sale.
ALL ARTISTS — IMPORTANT
- The sale price of each artwork must be no more than $5,000. Artists are asked to consider the median price of $700.
- Size limit: your artwork must be no larger than the panels and/or plinth you have selected. If your works do not fit this size criteria please contact the Artist Liaison to discuss other options that might be available.
- Each panel measures 1.2m (w) by 2.3m (h).
- Plinths measure approx. 1m (h) x 60cm x 60cm top.
- Large sculptures must be approved by the NZ Art Show to ensure they meet our health and safety standards. These works must be delivered to the venue and installed by the artist and, after the show, collected by the artist who must also organise delivery to new owner.
- Photography and prints: please read the guide on prints to ensure any prints you wish to exhibit fit our conditions. Link is at bottom of this page
- All artworks that require electricity must be certified by an electrician, and tagged with an up-to-date testing tag.
- Hanging system: a Velcro block hanging system is used to hang artworks at the show. These are available to be borrowed at the show by onsite artists, or onsite artists may provide their own if they wish.
- All artists are invoiced their exhibition fees after the selection process. Participation is not confirmed until the invoice is paid in full.