NZ ART SHOW 2021
Due to Covid-19 and the lockdown, the 2020 show was cancelled. All artists selected for the 2020 show have been offered exhibition space in the 2021 NZ Art Show. Therefore spaces are limited and we are not considering any artist applications at present.
However, if you are interested in exhibiting with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org: send us your artist profile and at least 6 x images of your current artworks. Please include: name of artworks, medium, dimensions and sale price (even if the artwork is already sold). You’ll find full information about exhibition categories and costs below.
You’ll be placed on a waiting list and should any places become available we may contact you.
Please read on for full artist information
GUIDE FOR ARTISTS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
HOW THE SHOW WORKS
- The NZ Art Show is a large-scale exhibition: all artists are allocated their own space including an artist name sign.
- All art is sold through the NZ Art Show: artists receive payment, minus commission, after the show.
- Cash-n-carry: as an artwork sells it is taken off the wall and replaced by another artwork, held in a storage area, by the same artist.
- Large sculptures which cannot be moved easily and artwork by award finalists remain in place until the end of the show.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Exhibition fees: there are varying exhibition costs for all selected SAW and SOLO artists—details of costs are in the next section. Artists will be invoiced when they get selected.
- Application fee: $30 – non refundable. This is an admin fee will get added to your invoice if you are selected.
- Variable costs: selected artists will have other costs to consider, like freight, wrapping materials, transport, and accommodation.
- NZ Art Show retains 25% commission from each sale.
ALL ARTISTS — IMPORTANT
- Size limit: your artwork must be no larger than the panels and/or plinth you have selected. If your works do not fit this size criteria please contact the Artist Liaison to discuss other options that might be available.
- Each panel measures 1.2m (w) by 2.3m (h).
- Plinths measure approx. 1m (h) x 60cm x 60cm top.
- Large sculptures must be approved by the NZ Art Show to ensure they meet our health and safety standards. These works must be delivered to the venue and installed by the artist and, after the show, collected by the artist who must also organise delivery to new owner.
- All artworks that require electricity must be tagged with an up-to-date testing tag.
- Hanging system: a Velcro hanging system is used at the show. These are available to be borrowed at the show.
- All artists are invoiced their exhibition fees after the selection process. Participation is not confirmed until the invoice is paid in full.