4 DAYS OF ART
New Zealand’s largest sale of affordable art, the 2018 NZ Art Show was a resounding success. Be sure to put the dates for the 2019 show in your diary now.
Queen’s Birthday Weekend, May 31 to June 3, 2o19
- Hundreds of New Zealand artists
- Thousands of artworks.
- All under one roof in a dynamic and inspiring environment.
- Artwork from emerging artists alongside more established artists.
- All art for sale
- Tickets for the 2019 show will go on sale later this year.
- Sign up for our newsletter in the sign-up form in the footer below to receive regular notifications and reminders.
GALA EVENING – THE ART PARTY OF THE YEAR
- A fun-filled and energetic evening, the 2018 gala evening was a great night out.
- Fine wine from Luna Estate, delicious food from Sarah Searancke Catering, and great live entertainment from the Colin McCahon Memorial Band.
- Reserved primarily for Friends and Partners of the show: to ensure that you don’t miss out on this memorable evening become a Friend now or contact us to discuss partnership opportunities.
ART AWARDS – THREE AWARDS WORTH $14,500 AVAILABLE
The People’s Choice Art Award sponsored by Brendan Foot Supersite
- $3,000 prize for best artwork in the show as judged by the public.
- Sponsored by Brendan Foot Supersite
- 2018 winner is ‘Some More than Others” by Don Service. Read more about his win here.
RT Nelson Emerging Artist Award.
- 4 x awards of $2,500 awarded to artists studying at an NZ art school, or recently graduated
- 2018 recipients: Michael Mahne Lamb, Niki Hill, Bonco and Amy Donnell
Signature Promotions Art Award
- 2 awards for onsite artists
- 2018 recipients: Dean Proudfoot and Rika Nagahata who receive $1,000 and $500 respectively
Image: Four of the ten finalists for the 2019 People’s Choice Art Award sponsored by Brendan Foot Supersite. From left to right: ‘Untitled’, by Michael Mahne Lamb, ‘Some More than Others’ by Don Service (winner), ‘Un Cuadro’ by Adam James and ‘Moon’ by Suhee kang.